Laung or clove is a wonderful spice and has continued to be an integral part of our kitchens since ages. The traditional use of clove buds in delicacies like pullavs (rice preparation), kadhi (regional preparation) etc. still prevails. This adds aroma to the dish and also certain medicinal properties.
Wonderful Home Remedies Using Laung
Keep small quantity beneath the tongue. This arrests hiccups.
Small tablets of powdered clove buds and honey can be prepared. Use these tablets like lozenge.
Its powder can be taken with honey, especially vomiting associated with pregnancy.
In case of bloating, mishri and laung powders can be mixed together and consumed.
Mishri, laung and elaichi can be taken together before food. This is effective in bringing down the acidity bouts.
Quarter to half teaspoon of its powder can be given to quench the thirst. Or overnight soaking of laung in water and consuming this medicated water the next day is also very beneficial.
Strength to the teeth
A combination of powders of laung, neem patra, suhaga(phoola), fitkari(phoola), peepal etc. can be used for massaging the gums and cleaning the teeth. This can be used on a regular basis. It prevents and cures bad odor, toothache and anorexia.
Enjoy the benefits of laung with these simple remedies.
Jaiphal or Nutmeg is commonly used in our kitchens. This herb adds aroma to our delicacies and makes them flavorsome. This not just adds to the flavor and richness to our delicacies but also ensures proper digestion. Also, it is commonly used in the teas. Apart from its use as a spice, cosmetic and medicinal values are also attributed to it.
Uses of Jaiphal in Different Health Problems
It is effective in fever, running nose, cough and shivering due to cold. Less than a quarter teaspoon can be given with warm water and the person should be advised to stay covered and not get exposed to cold. An immediate relief can be achieved.
A pinch of its powder is mixed with water or honey and is given to eliminate intestinal worms.
Blemishes and pigmentation
Application of the paste of powdered jaiphal and water can be applied to the desired sites for effective results.
Heating jaiphal with olive oil and application of this oil to the affected joints, reduces the pain. It is mostly beneficial in a rheumatic type of pain.
In case of foul smell from mouth, a combination of jaiphal, javitri, elaichi, mishri and saunf can be taken.
So now, not just add the aroma of Jaiphal but also its medicinal benefits to your diet.
Dalchini or Cinnamon bark is an aromatic flavorsome medicinal herb. This amazing Ayurvedic herb has been known for its cosmetic and remedial values. It not just adds a flavorsome dimension to the food but also benefits the body in a wonderful way.
Health Benefits of Dalchini or Cinnamon
- Joint Pain: It is helpful in reducing pain in the joints. It can be consumed individually or in combination with other joint pain relieving drugs like danamethi powder, amahaldi powder, ajwain powder etc.
- Cholesterol: It is known to reduce the cholesterol levels especially LDL, commonly known as the bad cholesterol. Thus, manages high blood pressure due to cholesterol.
- Diabetes: Dalchini powder is a good choice to regulate blood sugar.
- Complexion Enhancer: You can prepare a natural face scrub by mixing it with lemon juice, plain yogurt and banana puree. This herbal face-pack smoothes the skin and enhances the complexion.
- Pimples and Blemishes: Mix Dalchini powder with honey and apply it as a mask on face. Leave it for 10-15mins and then rinse it with water for getting skin free from pimples and blemishes.
- Digestion: You can add it to your tea or milk for their better digestion. It is used in Indian kitchens as an important Indian spice to make food richer in taste and healthier to consume.
So avail the benefits of this drug which is available at Gyan Herbal Home in a ready-to-use processed packing in various sizes.
A word of caution: Consuming mild doses of dalchini is recommended.
If you need more inputs on health, healthy diet or any other problem then mail me your issues at email@example.com