Acidity or sour belching is very disturbing. These days because of unhealthy eating practices, it has become a very common problem. Its constant presence, despite the intake of medications, requires a cross-check in the dietary practices.
Tips to Prevent Acidity
We have a few wrongly adopted practices which need a rectification so that the constant damage to the body is arrested and the results are seen quickly.
- ‘No’ to cold items: There is a notion of having cold articles like cold milk or ice-cream or curd to subside the burning sensation in the throat and stomach. This is a very damaging unhealthy practice. Therefore, should be discontinued immediately. Instead you can have combination of mishri and saunf.
- Switch to pitcher water: To get rid of heart burn, avoid fridge child water. Replace it with pitcher water.
- Avoid tea and coffee: If it’s hard to resist, then make sure you sip plain water before tea and coffee. Also, you can flavor your tea with elaichi. This helps in not causing acidity due to tea or coffee consumption.
- Curd : It is not very appropriate for this condition. But if you are addicted to it, you can take the liberty to consume it in the afternoons only (to subside the cravings).
- Spicy delicacies a no-no: Spicy diet contributes a lot to the condition of acidity. Despite acidity, if you fail to conquer your love for spices, then make sure you add ghee or consume sweet with your meal to counter its effect.
These are simple and easy-to-adopt changes which you can include in your routine and see evident results. These tips will not cost you even a single penny but will bring amazing results.
Elaichi, also known as lesser cardamom, is a refreshing fragrant herb. This herb has been used extensively to flavor teas and also as a mouth-freshener. Not only this, it is also an essential ingredient to Indian cuisine. It has medicinal properties are attributed to it. You can use this wonderful Indian herb to for different home remedies and draw benefits out of it.
Elaichi has a wide range of action but its major effect is on the gastrointestinal tract. It can rectify various digestion related ailments and the organs involved in the process of digestion. Elaichi promotes digestion. Therefore, as a part of our tradition, we consume elaichi after meals.
Health Benefits of Elaichi
Given below are some wonderful health benefits associated with this Ayurvedic herb:
- Nausea or vomiting: Decoction prepared from elaichi helps in pacifying nausea feeling.
- Giddiness: Decoction of elaichi is added with a small quantity of gud (jaggery) to curb giddiness.
- Palpitation: Elaichi powder along with peeplamool powder and small quantity of ghee is very effective to bring down palpitation.
- Acidity and indigestion: It can be given with saunf and mishri An immediate relief can be achieved in acidity and indigestion as it improvises the enzymatic secretion.
- Difficulty in passing urine: It is helpful in clearing the obstruction in passage of urine.
This miraculous herb can relieve you from simple but common ailments. So, instead of popping up a tablet, try using these simple remedies to treat your condition in a simpler and quicker way. Add it to your tea or meals to stay healthy…..
Frequent acidity bouts can shift your focus from life. Burning sensation in the stomach or chest, sour belching, vomiting, indigestion are commonly witnessed symptoms of hyperacidity which are becoming very common these days because of unhealthy eating habits. A long standing acidity branches out in various other health problems. Therefore, it’s important to treat it effectively. Simple herbs prove efficient in curbing the increased acid level in the gut.
Natural Herbs for Acidity
- Saunf: This herb is available in almost all the Indian houses. Apart from a mouth freshener, it is also a good anta-acid. Its powder can be mixed with elaichi powder and mishri powder and can be consumed frequently.
- Gulab: This soothing herb brings about a cooling effect on the system. It is to be used in combination with other herbs.
- Amvala: Amvala powder with mishri powder is an effective combination to treat acidity.
- Mulathi: A combination of mulathi powder, laung powder, saunf powder and mishri powder is an effective alternate.
Effective Diet Practices to Treat Acidity
Apart from herbs, here are few simple dietetic changes you can bring about in your day-to-day life so that you can reduce acidic bouts.
Tea: Either discontinue it or reduce the frequent consumption of tea. And always take few sips of water before consuming tea.
Milk: It’s a common practice, wherein people consume cold milk to subside the burning sensation and sour belching. Do not follow such a trend.
Curd: Avoid curd preparations if you are a constant victim to acidity.
Sweets: Prefer sweet preparations whenever you experience acidity. For instance, sugar or Indian sweets etc. are ideal to immediately relieve the symptoms. Diabetics must consult an Ayurvedic physician before including sweets in their diet.
Spices: Make sure that you curtail the quantity of spices and condiments in your regular diet.
Ghee: Include it in your diet. It’s an antidote to hyperacidity. People suffering with diabetes, high cholesterol or high blood pressure must consult their Ayurvedic physicians before consuming ghee.
So, ensure you eat right and treat right naturally. If you need any personal medical consultation then email me at email@example.com.
High blood pressure or Hypertension is a commonly witnessed ailment. It claims no age bar. Even youngsters have fallen prey to it. This condition of increased pressure in the arterial blood is usually seen in association with other medical conditions, especially with the following issues:
- High Cholesterol
People suffering with these health issues usually are prone to high blood pressure. Therefore, the treatment for Hypertension varies depending on the cause of its manifestation. Accordingly, here are some herbs which can help you treat high blood pressure are suggested.
For Hypertension associated with Diabetes
- Arjunchaal powder: This can be used as a tea. Take ¾ cup of water and ¼ cup of water. Boil and add one spoon of this powder. Then filter and consume. Avoid adding sugar.
- Tulsi patra powder: These leaves regulate the blood circulation and also help control diabetes. This herb can be added to your diabetes-controlling herbs as well.
For Hypertension associated with High Cholesterol
- Arjunchaal powder: Arjunchaal powder not just acts on the heart but also controls the cholesterol. Black tea prepared from it, is very effective in cholesterol related blood pressure.
- Ajwain powder: This seed powder can be taken with lukewarm water. It improves digestion and lessens the toxic element in the system.
- Dalchini powder: This common Indian spice is taken ½ a teaspoon with warm water. Also, you can use it with other herbs like danamethi, sonth
For Hypertension associated with Acidity
- Elaichi powder: Hyperacidity shoots the blood pressure levels. Elaichi is a very soothing herb which controls the acid bouts thereby helping in controlling blood pressure.
- Amvala powder: This rejuvenation drug has been tested ages before for its efficacy in treating acidity. Therefore, one can take amvala religiously if suffers with constant hyperacidity. It can be mixed with mishri for better results. You can even buy it online.
So, understand your body requirement and supplement accordingly. Remember, it is important to stay fit healthy and happy only then you can enjoy your life to the fullest.
In case you need more consultation on any health issue, please feel free to write me at firstname.lastname@example.org