Elaichi, also known as lesser cardamom, is a refreshing fragrant herb. This herb has been used extensively to flavor teas and also as a mouth-freshener. Not only this, it is also an essential ingredient to Indian cuisine. It has medicinal properties are attributed to it. You can use this wonderful Indian herb to for different home remedies and draw benefits out of it.
Elaichi has a wide range of action but its major effect is on the gastrointestinal tract. It can rectify various digestion related ailments and the organs involved in the process of digestion. Elaichi promotes digestion. Therefore, as a part of our tradition, we consume elaichi after meals.
Health Benefits of Elaichi
Given below are some wonderful health benefits associated with this Ayurvedic herb:
- Nausea or vomiting: Decoction prepared from elaichi helps in pacifying nausea feeling.
- Giddiness: Decoction of elaichi is added with a small quantity of gud (jaggery) to curb giddiness.
- Palpitation: Elaichi powder along with peeplamool powder and small quantity of ghee is very effective to bring down palpitation.
- Acidity and indigestion: It can be given with saunf and mishri An immediate relief can be achieved in acidity and indigestion as it improvises the enzymatic secretion.
- Difficulty in passing urine: It is helpful in clearing the obstruction in passage of urine.
This miraculous herb can relieve you from simple but common ailments. So, instead of popping up a tablet, try using these simple remedies to treat your condition in a simpler and quicker way. Add it to your tea or meals to stay healthy…..