We all wait for winters because it is the time to engage in delightful feasts and bask in the sun. Winter is Hemant Ritu as per Hindu calendar which commences in mid November and ends in mid January. It is the season to enjoy the most sumptuous diets. As per Ayurveda, this season is perfect to improve one’s immunity. Therefore, we must take measures to work upon it.
Diet Tips for Winter Season
According to Ayurveda, you must follow these tips related with food to draw maximum health benefits from this season.
- Because the digestive fire is magnified in this season, make sure that food dominant in sweet, sour and salty flavors dominates your meals.
- It is important that you consume diet rich in ghee or oil. Avoid food with optimal quantities of ghee can cause internal dryness which is of course not healthy.
- It is the best time to treat yourself with milk and its derivatives like curd, butter, ghee, kheer etc.
- Drinking warm water especially after meals will keep your system healthy.
- You must even include sugar and jaggery in the diet.
- If you like to consume liquor then this is a healthy season for it.
- Avoid excessive intake of pulses, namkeens etc.
Lifestyle Tips for Winter Season
Not just food, but right regimen is equally important for fitness.
- Stay at warm and cozy places. Do not expose to cold winds.
- Pamper your body with soft winter sunlight in early noon which is essential to revitalize your skin pores.
- Wear socks to keep your soles warm.
- Daily body massage is a great idea to keep your skin healthy and lustrous.
- Hair oil massage on regular basis is advised.
- You can even apply paste of agaru or Eaglewood (Botanical name: Aquillaria agallocha) to the body to keep it warm.
With these tips, you are ready to enjoy winters to the fullest. If you have any other query about the same, please write me at email@example.com