Black pepper or Kalimirch is used vastly all over the world. This commonly available spice is regularly used in Indian kitchens to add flavor and richness to delicious curries, aromatic pulaaos, steaming cup of teas and many more. This is used directly or in pounded or in powdered form, as required. It is not merely a flavorful ingredient but it also helps in easy digestion of the heavy-to-digest delicacies.
Health Properties of Kalimirch
This spice is known to incorporate other medicinal properties too. Apart from a good digestive, it has
- Anti-biotic properties
- Flatulence reliever
- Effective in pulmonary conditions
Home Remedies Using Black Pepper
The various combinations that can be prepared in your kitchen using black pepper are advocated below.
- Cough: Kalimirch powder with honey and ghee in unequal quantities is an effective combination for cough.
- Cold: In long standing condition of cold, the kalimirch powder can be taken with jaggery and curd at room temperature.
- Dandruff: The powder of kalimirch can be mixed with curd at room temperature and applied to the scalp to treat dandruff. This is a superb hair mask for conditioning.
- Toothache: Prepare decoction using black pepper and then use it to gargle. It is effective in relieving toothache.
- Indigestion: It can be used along with asafetida (Hing) and saindha namak. This helps in digestion and also clears the gaseous distention.
You can use this spice at your own convenience. It is an important ingredient to the Indian Garam Masala. Though, kalimirch is used for many purposes, but only a few uses pertaining to common problems are mentioned here. You can get this spice in a ready-to-use form at Gyan Herbal Home.
For consultation and advice, please write to me at email@example.com.